As Florida recovers from Hurricane Irma, the workload, scheduling and co-ordination challenges for the state’s architectural, engineering and construction industries will reach new and increasingly intense levels.
This is a time to build on previously existing requirements and progress to Building Information Modeling (BIM), as required by the Florida Department of Transportation’s 3D requirements.
Autodesk’s eBook Transportation: A guide to Florida’s Transformation to BIM was written before the hurricane and the massive recovery effort that will be required, but its message is in fact even more relevant in current circumstances.
The eBook outlines the advantages of implementing BIM and AutoCAD Civil3D for projects. “Powerful and versatile, Civil 3D can optimize all your project workflows and help you communicate design work better.”
- Key topics n the book include how Civil 3D can deliver:
- The ability to meet FDOT’s upcoming requirement to deliver 3D engineered models;
- 3D modeling with intelligent data for smart decisions early in the process;
- Agility to make changes on-the-fly for satisfying requirements or fixes;
- Smooth integration of preliminary data into a detailed design environment; and
- Entry into the Autodesk ecosystem that includes ReCap and InfraWorks.
You can receive a free copy of the eBook “A guide to Florida’s 3D transformation” by completing the form below.