NEW ORLEANS, La. — The American Subcontractors Association presented its 2013 Excellence in Ethics Awards to 10 construction subcontractors that achieve “the highest standards of internal and external integrity for a subcontracting firm.” The recipients are:
- Air Masters Corporation, Fenton, Mo.
- Bazan Painting Company, St. Louis, Mo.
- F.A. Rohrbach, Allentown, Pa.
- Haley-Greer, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Holes Incorporated, Houston, Texas
- Marek Brothers Systems, Inc., Houston, Texas
- Markham Contracting Company, Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
- Sorella Group, Inc., Overland Park, Kan.
- South Valley Drywall, Littleton, Colo.
- Western Engineering Contractors, Inc., Loomis, Calif.
ASA presented the awards on March 7, 2014, in conjunction with ASA’s annual convention, SUBExcel 2014, in New Orleans.
“ASA’s Excellence in Ethics Awards program promotes the highest standards of internal and external integrity for a subcontracting firm,” said Shannon MacArthur, MEMCO, Spring, Texas, chair of the ASA Task Force on Ethics in the Construction Industry, which developed the awards.
Each applicant is required to respond to questions concerning the firm’s corporate ethics policies and procedures, its construction practices, and its general business practices. Each applicant also is required to submit detailed documentation, including sealed letters of recommendation from a customer, a competitor and a supplier.
Founded in 1966, ASA amplifies the voice of, and leads, trade contractors to improve the business environment for the construction industry and to serve as a steward for the community. The ideals and beliefs of ASA are ethical and equitable business practices, quality construction, a safe and healthy work environment, and integrity and membership diversity.