The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) says it is inviting its customers and the public to provide input on the selection of future construction projects.
INDOT says in a news release it is publishing for public public review a draft of its four-year plan known as the Statewide Transportation Improvement Program. The document lists construction projects planned from July 2017 through June 2021 and the funds available for transportation modes including highways, transit, bicycles and pedestrians.
INDOT will be collecting public input on project selection through an online form and open houses hosted by INDOT’s regional district staff. The open houses offer an informal setting for the public to ask questions and discuss a variety of transportation programs including planning, multimodal, public involvement, Title VI and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The open houses will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern time at the dates and locations listed below.
- Tuesday, March 28: INDOT Seymour District, 185 Agrico Lane, Seymour, IN 47274
- Wednesday, March 29: INDOT Sub-District Office, 3650 S. U.S. 41, Vincennes, IN 47591
- Thursday, March 30: Crawfordsville Public Library, 205 S. Washington St., Crawfordsville, IN 47933
- Tuesday, April 11: INDOT District Office, 315 E. Boyd Blvd., LaPorte, IN 46350
- Wednesday, April 12: INDOT District Office, 5333 Hatfield Rd., Fort Wayne, IN 46808
- Thursday, April 13: INDOT Traffic Management Center, 8620 E. 21st St., Indianapolis, IN 46219
(INDOT’s LaPorte District office is located in the Central time zone, where local time for the open house is 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)