J. Paul Mashburn of Mashburn Construction Co. Inc., based in Columbia, SC, has taken office as the 2018 Carolinas Associated General Contractors (CAGC) chair.
Mashburn graduated from Clemson University in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Building Science and Management. He joined Mashburn Construction after graduation and in 2010 he was named president and Chief Operating Officer, the company says on its website. “One of Paul’s greatest strengths is his unique ability to view the job from multiple perspectives including the field employees, superintendent, designer, and owner.”
“As president of Mashburn Construction, Paul has made sure the company continues to help fund various department projects, hires the department’s interns and permanent employees and is a corporate partner.”
Other directors include:
- Chair-elect: Ron Brown, State Utility Contractors, Inc.
- Treasurer: Casey Schwager, Sloan Construction Company
- Vice-chair: Susan Lewis, Beam Construction Co., Inc.
- Immediate past chair: Marty McKee, King Asphalt, Inc.
- President and CEO: Dave Simpson, CAE
- Carolinas AGC Building Division chair: Charlie Wilson, C. T. Wilson Construction Company
- Highway-Heavy Division chair: T. Lee Barrack, Jr., The Lane Construction Corporation
- Utility Division chair: Shane Herbert, Buckeye Bridge, LLC
- Specialty Advisory Council chair: Barry Wells, SimplexGrinnell
- Supplier/Service Advisory Council chair: Tyler Turnbull, Catalyst Surety Partners, LLC
- Directors at Large: Mark Johnnie, Balfour Beatty; Greg Hughes, Contract Construction, Inc.; and Carlos Norris, Crowder Construction Company
- Appointed directors: Kristen Harwood, Rodgers; and Melvin Williams, S&ME, Inc.