The Local Initiative Support Corporation Jacksonville is now accepting nominations of individuals, organizations and government leaders who have made significant contributions to development of Jacksonville’s urban core neighborhoods.
To submit a nomination, interested individuals should fill in an online form found in the organization’s official website. Deadline of entries is no later than 5 p.m. on Jan 12, 2018. Nominees will be judged by a panel of community representatives and chosen winners will be recognized in LISC Jacksonville Community Development Awards Breakfast 7:30 a.m. on February 7, 2018 at Jessie Ball duPont Center.
The following specific awards will be presented during the annual celebration:
- The Igniter Award recognizes an individual who has served as a catalyst for revitalization of urban neighborhoods.
- The Building Block Award recognizes a real estate project that benefited an urban core community.
- The Power of Community Award recognizes individuals, for-profit businesses and or/government agencies that have collaborated with community leaders to improve an urban neighborhood via targeted programs, initiatives or property development.
- The Champion of Main Street Award recognizes an individual or organization that strengthened urban communities through reviving commercial activities.
- The EPIC Award recognizes an organization, individual or project that positively impacts the community by practicing the five pillars of Building Sustainable Communities, which include expanding investments in housing and other real estate; increasing family income and wealth; stimulating new economic development; improving access to quality education; and supporting healthy environments and lifestyles.
Nominees will be notified on Jan. 16 and winners will only be announced at the event.