Miami-Dade County commissioners have awarded $17.6 million to four contractors to complete capital improvements on PortMiami.
“The current magnitude of the Seaport’s capital improvements -program and its complexity requires teams of qualified architects, engineers, construction managers, inspectors, and other professionals with a wide range of expertise and experience to augment professional staff at the Seaport Department,” Mayor Daniella Levine Cava wrote in a report to the commission, “As a result, four $44 million contracts were awarded to:
- AECOM Technical Services Inc. – architectural Port of Miami representation services
- Nova Consulting Inc. – engineering port representation services
- Tetra Tech Inc. – engineering port representation services
- Gurrimatute P.A. – architectural port representation services
The contractors will “assist in overseeing approximately $1.2 billion worth of new infrastructure and facilities that are projected to be completed over the next five years,” the mayor’s report states, “which coincides with the expected new cruise services and cargo yard improvements.”
Upcoming construction plans include:
- a three-berth mega-cruise terminal
- three-berth “mega-cruise terminal” with parking facilities
- replacement of cruise berths
- cargo terminal and berth improvement projects
- ancillary improvements for new cargo gantry cranes
- expansion of cargo facilities
- roadway improvements
“In addition, the Seaport Department is currently developing its 2050 Master Plan, and a $2.8 billion Capital Improvement Program, including various new infrastructure improvements and projects with grant funding,” the mayor’s report states.