The San Francisco Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development has announced recipients of $20 million for emergency repairs or capital improvements for existing affordable housing owned by non-profits.
Funds issued under this Notice of Available Funding (NOFA) will support urgent capital repairs related to life safety, accessibility, or structural integrity across eight existing affordable housing developments totalling 387 units of permanently affordable and supportive housing.
- The Dudley at 172 6th Street (Mercy Housing)
- The Rose at 125 6th Street (Mercy Housing)
- El Dorado Hotel at 150 9th Street (Conard House and The John Stewart Company)
- Larkin Pine Senior Housing at 1303 Larkin Street (Chinatown Community Development Center)
- William Penn Hotel at 160 Eddy Street (Chinatown Community Development Center)
- Positive Match at 1652 Eddy Street (Bernal Heights Housing Corporation)
- Hazel Betsey Apartments at 3554 17th Street (Bernal Heights Housing Corporation)
- 195 Woolsey Street (Bernal Heights Housing Corporation)
Recommendations for funding followed a competitive process evaluated by a selection panel with expertise in affordable housing finance and construction from MOHCD, the Department of Homelessness and Supportive Housing (HSH), Department of Environment, and the San Francisco Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure (OCII).
Selected projects are expected to complete the scope of work supported by these funds by 2026.
MOHCD received 15 applications for 20 buildings with 919 units, with a total funding request of $40.4 million for repairs. The $20 million represented by this NOFA addresses approximately 49% of funding required to address deferred affordable housing maintenance identified by applicants.