Construction dates have been announced for 20 major transportation projects across the state.
The “Moving Florida Forward“ Project asked the house to prioritize $7 billion in investment toward infrastructure.
“With the funding now secured, we can officially offer project schedules and rest assured that congestion relief on some of Florida’s most critical corridors is no longer just a dream,” Perdue said. “Projects part of this program will initiate construction within the next four years, which advances many of them 15 to 20 years for construction.”
Here are the projects slated to begin in the next four years:
- Interstate 75 at Pine Ridge Road interchange – $23 Million. Construction begins early 2025. Improvements include the reconstruction of the 1-75 Pine Ridge interchange to a diverging diamond interchange.
- Interstate 75 from Golden Gate Parkway to Corkscrew Road – $578 Million; fall 2027. The project will provide capacity improvements to over 18 miles by adding one additional general-use lane in the northbound and southbound directions.
- State Road (S.R.) 29 from County Road (C.R.) 846 East to New Market Road – $85 Million; spring 2027. The project will construct a new alignment of S.R. 29 as a four-lane divided roadway to serve as a loop around the downtown Immokalee area.
- State Road (S.R.) 29 from New Market Road to S.R. 82 – $44 million; spring 2027. This project consists of widening an approximately 3-mile-long segment of S.R. 29.
- Interstate 95 (I-95) at U.S. 1 Interchange in Volusia County – $340 million; late 2027. A one-mile segment of U.S. 1 between Plantation Oaks Boulevard/ Broadway Avenue and Destination Daytona Lane will be widened from two lanes in each direction to three.
- Interstate 75 (I-75) from State Road (S.R.) 44 to S.R. 326 – $479 million; spring 2025. This project involves adding auxiliary lanes to I-75 in each direction between S.R. 44 and S.R. 326. It will include interchange modifications and right-of-way acquisition for future widening.
- S. 301 from County Road (C.R.) 470 to Florida’s Turnpike – $26 million; fall 2025. The project will reconstruct U.S. 301 from C.R. 470 to Florida’s Turnpike between the cities of Sumterville and Wildwood to increase the roadway capacity, respond to future travel demand, improve overall safety, and accommodate pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Interstate 4 (I-4) from Champions Gate to Osceola Parkway – $1.5 million; late 2024. This project will reconstruct I-4 to accommodate three general-use lanes, auxiliary lanes, and two special-use lanes in the eastbound and westbound directions from west of County Road (C.R.) 532 / Champions Gate to east of C.R. 522 / Osceola Parkway.
- Interstate 4 (I-4) at State Road (S.R.) 33 Interchange and S.R. 33 from Old Combee Road to North of Tomkow Road; $197 million; late 2024.
- Interstate 4 (I-4) from U.S. 27 to Champions Gate; $635 Million; fall 2026.
- Interstate 275 (I-275) from 38th Avenue to 4th Street; $354 million; summer 2025.
- State Road (S.R.) 70 from Bourneside Boulevard to Waterbury Road; $53 million; fall 2024.
- Interstate 75 (I-75) at Fruitville Road Interchange; $192 Million; fall 2024.
- Poinciana Parkway Extension Connector from County Road (C.R.) 532 to State Road (S.R.) 429; $1,318 million; preliminary engineering is underway, and the construction is to be determined.
- S. 98 from Richard Jackson Boulevard to Hathaway Bridge – $98 Million; spring 2026. This project will widen U.S. 98 from R. Jackson Boulevard to Hathaway Bridge.
- Interstate 10 (I-10) from East of Eastbound weigh station to East of Nine Mile Road – $162 million.Preliminary engineering is underway, and the construction date is to be determined.
- State Road (S.R.) 263 from S.R. 61 to County Road (C.R.) 2203; $90 Million; summer 2026.
- Southwest 10th Street in Deerfield Beach – $178 Million; summer 2024.
- Interstate 95 (I-95) at Golden Glades Interchange – $150 million; spring 2024.
- West Midway Road from Glades Cut Off Road to Jenkins Road including On- and Off-Ramps for Florida’sTurnpike South – $58 Million. Construction Begins: Summer 2027.