Dodge Data & Analytics says it will “unveil its much-anticipated construction industry forecast” at the 79th annual Dodge Construction Outlook Executive Conference, Nov. 1-, at the Swissôtel, Chicago. Dodge says this is the first time the conference has been held in Chicago.
The conference will focus this year on the growing trends of connectivity, collaboration, and integration among design professionals, builders, and the companies that make and supply building products and materials.
The annual forum brings together attendees from across the construction industry – including architects and designers, contractors, engineers and building product manufacturers – to hear vital economic forecasts and guidance for their businesses.
Following a positive reception to its debut in 2016, this year’s event will also include the construction outlook for Canada. The conference will culminate in the U.S. outlook for the coming year, a benchmark for the industry, delivered by Dodge chief economist Robert Murray.
“This year’s Outlook theme of ‘Connectivity, Collaboration, and Integration’ has been found by our research to be gaining momentum in the industry, particularly between the design and construction communities,” said Dodge CEO Mike Petrullo. “At Outlook 2018, we will focus on this trend, analyzing how it generates powerful efficiencies, reduces cost and schedule overruns, helps ensure safety and quality and increases overall performance for all parties in the project delivery process.”
Outlook 2018 will open with a networking reception Nov. 1 from 6 – 7:30 p.m., with presentations the following day from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Delivering the luncheon keynote will be Billy Beane, the baseball executive whose innovative statistical methodology of utilizing analytics to identify undervalued assets to create and sustain a competitive advantage has come to be known as the “moneyball” philosophy.
Scheduled presentations include:
- “The U.S. Economy: Major Issues 2017/2018” by Cristian deRitis, analytics senior director, Moody’s;
- “The Business Value of Connectivity, Collaboration and Integration in Construction” by Steve Jones, senior director of industry insights research, Dodge Data & Analytics;
- “2018 Canada Outlook” by Richard Branch, senior economist, Dodge Data & Analytics
- “Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game” by Billy Beane, executive vice-president of Baseball Operations for the Oakland Athletics and subject of the best-selling book and Oscar-nominated film, Moneyball; and
- “2018 Construction Outlook” by Robert Murray, vice-president, chief economist, Dodge Data & Analytics.
For more information and to register, visit 2018 Dodge Outlook.